It’s clear everyone goes through stress. It is a natural process that humans go through. Stress is the human body’s natural response to any change in the environment that requires an action, reaction, or adjustment to what’s normal, and because of this, you may get a sense of being overwhelmed.
So, following my previous post Stress Buster: Part I, What stresses me out the most?
My Most Common Stressful Situations
- Being Lost: This is not as common now with all the smartphones and technology about that can help you navigate yourself, but for me, when your phone is running dangerously low on battery AND you’re in an unfamiliar place AND need to get somewhere. Then this situation can get stressful.
- Losing Something: Losing something or someone is always stressful. I can’t really elaborate on this but if you lose your keys and can’t find them then that’s stressful. When you lose someone you can’t get back, then you’ll be stressed about it… things just play on your mind.
- Being Late: Whether this is for a deadline or an interview or simply to meet a friend, when you agree a time to be somewhere with someone, the last thing you want to do is be late. When someone says they’re going to be 5 minutes but take half an hour, you just become impatient and stressed.
- People: Maybe because I have quite a conservative and introvert personality or whether I am anxious, I find people can be quite stressful. I know the word people is quite broad but people you haven’t met and you’re keen to give a good impression can be stressful, or even the need to ask for help but you just don’t want any confrontation, or sat in between an argument between two friends… all are stressful situations.
- Trying To Do Something But You Keep Getting It Wrong: This is a big one for me. Most of the time, I am always learning things second time round instead of doing it right first time. Pressure builds up in your mind and then you become stressed as you feel the need to do it right or else you will feel you have failed.
- Wrong Decisions: Making decisions is possibly a miss and hit trait for me. I’ve made some good decisions in the past, and I’ve made some poor ones, but when you make a decision that can impact someone else’s life then whoa. Stress bomb right there.
- Too Much and Too Often: When you get too much work too often then that is definitely not good for you, well, I speak for myself when I say that (some people may love work). Or even when you spend too much time with someone for too often then perhaps you feel like you’re not getting much “Me” time therefore you may feel stressed.
- Worrying: Need I say much?
These are just a few things that makes me stressed, and believe me, I can be stressed a little too easy at times.
My next post is about my ways to deal with stress and relieving it.
Hope you are enjoyng the read
ta ta for now